JOIN THE CASEWARE TEAM
At CaseWare we are always looking for new staff members to help us become an even greater team. So if you are looking for a new challenge, get in touch.
Can't see anything currently suited to your skills? If you have a background in software development or accounting we'd still love to hear from you! Feel free to contact us directly. email@example.com
Technical Support Manager
CaseWare UK Limited is looking for a Support Manager to head our growing support team assisting our corporate and professional customer base with a wide range of software queries, and product advice.
To ensure a well administered, consistent and high quality technical support service.
The role has the authority and freedom to determine the direction and content of the support services being provided, in line with the client service strategy of the business.
About you & your skills
You should already be familiar with the customer support environment and understand the importance and urgency of cases logged by customers. You will have a passion for technology and fully understand how software solutions are used to provide smart solutions and efficiencies for our customers. CaseWare typically supports customers working in a compliance driven profession and attention to detail is fundamental. Whilst we have a steady case load throughout the year, you will understand that the Support team must be able to cope with surges in demand driven by events such as new software updates, or perhaps Windows updates.
You will have a background in team leadership which not only involves managing the daily workload, but also requires you to manage staff skill sets and competency to maintain the high quality of service. You will be supported by a team of supervisors who in turn will look to their manager for leadership and mentoring.
Experience of reporting to senior management on the performance of your department will be important. The data feed from the Support team is valuable in managing product performance, planning for growth and also maintaining client relationships.
The ability to communicate with a wide cross-section of customers and colleagues is important to the role. Customer support is provided through a mixture of channels. Internally, the Support team has direct communication channels with every other element of the business.
Familiarity with the statutory reporting environment for UK entities would be an advantage, although deep technical knowledge about accounting and auditing is not necessarily expected.
The traditional CaseWare system is deployed in a Windows network environment and proportion of our clients will choose to deploy the software using thin client systems such as Citrix or RDS and an understanding of such environments would add to the attraction of a candidate.
CaseWare is investing significant resources in developing the next generation of software products which will be hosted on our cloud platform. The business is currently planning the support service for this environment and experiencing in supporting cloud products would be advantageous. You should possess the passion and drive to take the department through this exciting period of change.
- To ensure a well administered, consistent and high quality technical support service is delivered to the clients of CaseWare UK Limited.
- The role is required to ensure the support service meets the client service strategy of the business.
- Day to day management of front line software support team:
- Ensure that all cases and resolutions are logged on CRM system.
- Monitor progress of cases through to resolution.
- Maintain systems for client communication.
- Management of staffing levels, to include authorisation of holiday and monitoring of sick leave.
- Maintain a watching brief over the Health and Safety of the staff.
- Administration and reporting:
- Produce monthly management reports on client activity and team performance.
- Monitoring of department performance levels on a rolling basis.
- Liaise with the Client Services Director where an issue with a particular client may pose a threat to the relationship.
- Liaise with QA Officer, client service and development teams concerning release and timing of software updates.
- Liaise with the company’s Credit Control function to ensure the record of ‘live’ clients remains accurate.
- Personnel administration (in liaison with Personnel Department)
- Approval of staff expense claims.
- Conduct periodic staff appraisals.
- Partake in staff recruitment selection and interviews.
- Attendance at staff disciplinary proceedings, as required.
- Where necessary, provide direct technical support to clients.
- Provide the 1st line of referral for staff when there is a client complaint.
- Management and administration of web-based support tools, including KnowledgeBase, voicemail, GoToAssist, KB chat and Sharefile.
- Ensure administrative systems are effective and being applied.
- For existing systems (e.g existing CRM system).
- For future development (e.g Internet knowledge base, Chat, Forum).
- Ensure urgent technical bulletins and product updates are accurate and released in good time.
- Monitoring and identification of personnel training requirements and liaison with the training team, including establishing a training plan for the development of junior staff.
- Promote a professional and courteous approach to dealing with customers and maintaining client relationships.
- Liaise with the company’s Disaster Recovery Team to ensure that the Support service is adequately represented.
- From time to time, attendance may be required at client sites and other external events held by the company.
- To become fully conversant with the company’s software and templates.
- To become fully conversant with the installation processes and technical specifications relating to the company’s software products.
- To maintain a high standard of knowledge commensurate with the requirements of the job.
Other administrative and technical tasks that may arise in the general course of business.
Product Manager (Audit)
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Audit Product Manager. It represents a terrific opportunity to be involved in software projects that are essential to both the future of CaseWare UK but also their clients in professional practice and commerce.
The Product Manager (Audit) is responsible for defining and delivering the range of audit software products developed by CaseWare UK Limited. You will be the primary expert on the audit market sector, and will be involved in every aspect of the development and delivery of the current (desktop) applications, CaseWare SmartSync and CaseWare Analytics. You will also be providing advisory support to the team working on CaseWare Cloud Audit systems as they build the initial proof of concept models.
The Product Manager is supported by members of the development team, the wider product management group and the senior management team. It will also require personnel and line management skills as the role expands.
The product suite, and our clients, are beginning the transition from a desktop platform to a cloud based system. The Product Manager will therefore play a key role in helping the business and its clients make the change as smoothly as possible, and defining the future of audit technology in the UK.
The current size of the Development Team means that you will be very ‘hands on’ in terms of product research, and you will need to become proficient in the use of the products. We do not expect you to have, or need, programming or coding knowledge.
You will be an experienced auditor, or have considerable experience in the accounting and audit sectors. It’s absolutely essential to have enthusiasm and passion for software, be commercially aware and have a desire to challenge and improve current working practices. Above all, you will be able to communicate between a wide range of stakeholders in the product, including end users (of all levels of seniority), developers and senior staff in both CaseWare UK and CaseWare International.
This is the perfect role for someone looking to move from practice into industry, and be a very influential part of a globally respected financial technology group.
Your skills & experience
- Likely to have a degree level of education
- Sound audit experience, at audit senior level or higher
- Experience of using automated systems within an accounting practice, such as paperless audit systems and financial reporting
- An understanding of the significance of IT systems within a practice environment
- An interest in Audit Analytics
- Understanding the future of cloud applications and the benefits to business of working on that environment
- A passion for the world of technology, and for maximising the efficiency and quality of software applications
- Highly competent in the use of standard office IT systems
- Experience of collaborative software tools such as Google Docs, Office 365 etc.
- Patience and persistence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- An attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as a team
- Sound commercial judgement
- CaseWare AuditAdvanced – Desktop paperless audit systems
- CaseWare SmartSync (Cloud synchronisation)
- CaseWare Audit Analytics
- CaseWare Cloud – AuditAdvanced data reporting and engagement management
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide a clear direction for the development of the products within your portfolio, and manage the on-going delivery and roadmap for the product range, in line with the overall product strategies of CaseWare UK Ltd and Caseware International.
- Determine appropriate deadlines and deliverable dates for main product releases, consulting with the development manager over resource allocation and available skills within the team.
- Ensure there are sufficient resources available within the business to execute the required development work.
- Liaise with the Product Owner (Audit Advanced) to ensure work is correctly scheduled and planned, and being delivered to the agreed timescales.
- Maintain your knowledge of audit regulations and the audit market to the extent required to make commercial decisions on the future of the product range.
- Manage the relationship with the relevant third-party content providers;
- The Mercia Group
- The HAT Group
- This is done through regular personal meetings, continual online communication and working with the AuditAdvanced Product Owner.
- Be open to discussion with other potential 3rd party providers, with a view to creating new commercially beneficial partnerships.
- Identify future statutory requirements that may affect the product portfolio, in consultation with QA department and our content providers.
- Report to the management team on the status of the market and products within your portfolio.
- Produce scope and specification documents to support your plans and ideas for the product suite.
- Help build ‘proof of concept’ models where necessary, from a user’s point of view.
- To be the primary contact for, and liaise with CaseWare International’s development and product management teams on Audit System, and be fully aware of their long-term development strategies and product ideas.
- Liaise with CaseWare UK’s QA team regarding testing requirements and product deadlines.
- Responsible for managing update releases and arranging accompanying documentation.
- Provide information to clients in the form of regular web bulletins.
- To assist the CaseWare UK sales team with regards to:
- Explaining new features and their benefit to customers
- Making them aware of marketing opportunities within your product portfolio
- Future development plans
- Deadlines that are suitable for publication
- Attending webinars and seminars as the product expert
- Providing them with suitable demonstration material
- Work with the Client Service teams with respect to bugs and support issues that relate to the quality, scope and content of the products in the portfolio. This may involve short training or update sessions for the training and support staff.
- Organise and chair the AuditAdvanced Focus group.
- To attend broader user group meetings as and when necessary.
- Attend development meetings as and when necessary.
- Identification and management of potential beta sites, to assist as product focus groups and testers.
- Comparative research the products of competitors and to report on any significant changes and trends in the audit or audit technology market.
- Assist Account Managers with client service meetings, as required.
- Attend service meetings for ‘House Accounts’ as required.
Other administrative and technical.
Technical Support Consultant
You will be part of our growing telephone support team, assisting our corporate and professional client base with a range of software queries. Full training will be provided, not just as you start but as you continue to develop your technical knowledge and customer service skills.
Suitable candidates will already have experience of working with accounting and audit software and may also hold an accountancy qualification (such as AAT or similar). You should be IT literate, have an excellent telephone manner and be able to communicate at all levels.
Business Development Executive
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team in Maidstone. The purpose of the role is to generate new sales opportunities for our national field sales team, as well as engage with our existing client base to ‘direct sell’ a defined product range to new business.
The role is a far more varied role than a traditional single-track telesales or telemarketing position.
Overview of role:
- Generate new business opportunities through high volume outbound prospecting, passing booked appointments to the field sales team.
- To follow up marketing campaigns and events to generate new prospect leads by telephone, identifying and qualifying opportunities for new business.
- Receive lapsed leads from sales and reactivate.
- Initiate own prospecting activities within ‘best fit’ target accounts and existing customers, generated from the company’s database of small accounting firms.
- To build effective relationships with existing customers and raise awareness of the whole product offering from CaseWare UK
- To identify and qualify opportunities for cross selling CaseWare products to generate business and increase profitability.
- Perform contact and account research prior to calls and maintain and update an accurate log of your activity in the CRM system
- To maintain and update records in our CRM system accurately and in accordance with data protection requirements.
- To carry out data cleaning to provide accurate information and support for marketing campaigns and to increase new business opportunities.
Core skills required:
- At least 6-12 months successful experience in all or either direct selling, telemarketing or appointment setting
- The ability to explain our product suite to potential new customers in an engaging and exciting way, and spot the sales opportunities whenever or wherever they arise
- To have the energy and enthusiasm to maintain a high volume of outbound calls
- The ability to build customer relationships over an extended period, as they move from prospect to new customer
- The ability to manage and prioritise a sales pipeline
- Strong oral and written communication
- Creativity and to be adaptable to change
- Be skilled in using software tools such as:
- CRM and prospecting systems
- Social media, both personal and professional as research tools
- MS Office and Google applications
You will be given full training to develop your product knowledge and sales strategies, but you’ll be joining a team where collaboration and creativity is actively encouraged in order to develop your skills and improve the group’s performance.
Remuneration is a combination of a good basic salary, plus fixed fee commissions on appointments and percentage commissions on direct selling.